April 10, 2015

Sephora April VIB Sale 2015

Guys, I'm so excited for the VIB Sale!!! I started my list like weeks and weeks ago! Incase those of you didn't know, Sephora has 2 sales every year, one in April and the other in November. So for VIB Rouge members, you get 15% off your total order between April 12th-April 21st. For VIB members, you also get 15% off your total order, but between April 16th-April 21st. Lastly, BI members you get 10% off your total order between April 17th-April 20th. This applies online and in stores! I know sales can get overwhelming, because who doesn't want to buy everything at Sephora?! Like 15% isn't a huge discount, but I mean it's better than nothing, right? However, I'm sure most of you are on a budget, just like myself, so we can't go too crazy! Basically, I created this post to give you guys my tips on how I prepare myself for these kind of sales, as well as recommendations on products you should get!


From the Sephora site


First things first to prepare for the sale

1)Set yourself a budget!
The last thing you want to do is go overboard with your spending! So tell yourself, you know what, I just want to spend $100 and stick to that amount!

2)Make a list!
Making a list is honestly the smartest thing you can do! There is thousands and thousands of products at Sephora! So make a list of things you need or been wanting for a really long time! Do some research on the products! Look at the prices online and see which products will add up to your budget! Bring that list with you to Sephora and honestly stick to that list! Don't add on products for no reason!

3)Shop online!
Guys, every time I'm at Sephora I always pick up extra things I don't need! Which makes me pass my budget, so the best thing to do is, shop online! It will force you to stick to the products in your basket! I know for foundations, online shopping isn't the best option, but you can always go into the store, take samples and then order it online! Also, I've mentioned this a few times, but if you haven't made a account on Ebates do it! You're getting money back for shopping online, honestly doesn't get better than that! I started it in November or December and I already got 2 checks guys, so it's legit!! If you don't believe me, do some research!

4) Perfect time to get backups!
If there are products that you absolutely love and you use daily, it's the perfect time to get a backup of it! I know I love my Anastasia Brow Wiz and it's something that is pricey ($27), so it's on my list to get a backup of! Even things such as makeup wipes or brush cleansers, if it's something you use often, why not use the discount!

5)Perfect time to invest in Skin Care products
We all know that skin care products can be very pricey! If you have been eyeing a skin care product for ages, just purchase it now! Or if you still can't afford to get the full size, get the sample sizes! A lot of skincare brands have value sets of those sample size products (such as Origins, Ole Henriksen, Algenist, etc.)! It could be worth the investment!

6)Birthday Gifts
If you have a beauty addict in your life and you know exactly what  product that person been wanting, why not purchase it now? Less stress for later on and you get to save a little!

7) Get samples
As you guys saw, the sale isn't just for a day, it's several days! So go into your local Sephora now and get samples! Test it out before the sale starts (or during the sale)! Especially for things like foundations, it's best to try them out before committing to the full thing!

Basically those are my tips to you! Especially the whole budget and list thing is so important! Like this year, so many brands released new products! Like it's crazy how much there is now and all these products can get very overwhelming! So always do your research, because if you walk into Sephora, you're most likely going to end up spending more than you wanted!





Sephora site


I figured now I'd give you guys a few recommendations of products I absolutely love.

1)Palettes

-Anastasia Contour Kit
This was one of my first contour palettes and I absolutely love it! I know there are so many new contour palettes that came out, but if you been curious about this one, trust me it's worth it!

-Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette (The original)
I love this palette! You have a nice mixture of cool/warm tones! All the eyeshadows would suit any skin tone. These eyeshadows are so pigmented and blend like a dream! You can't go wrong with this palette! I can't believe I waited so long to purchase it, it's worth all the hype! I know Too Faced released the newer version (The Semi Sweet), I still didn't purchase it yet, that's why I can't really say much about it. I heard the quality of the eyeshadows are the same, but again I'd have to see it for myself, that's why I'm telling you to stick to the orginal!

-Customize your own Makeup Forever Eyeshadow Palette
MUFE have a customizing system, where they have a case for 2 or 3 eyeshadows. In November, I purchased the 3 eyeshadows and I been obsessed ever since! Guys, MUFE make the best eyeshadows in my opinion! First of all, they're huge!!! I can't see myself hitting pan, even though I use them so often! Second of all, they're so pigmented, they blend like a dream and they're long lasting! The texture feels amazing and they have so many colours and finishes! Like, picking 3 eyeshadows was so hard, because I wanted them all! I can go on and on about these eyeshadows for real, but it's completely worth it!!!

-Tarte Tartelette
Another palette I absolutely love! The Tartelette is all matte eyeshadow palette that contains both cool/warm tones. It has a mixture of neutrals and mauve colors! Absolutely gorgoeus! The eyeshadows are so pigmented, blend really nicely and are long wearing! It would look good on any skin color! I use this palette so much, it's one of my favorites hands down!

-Urban Decay Basics Palette (1&2)
I recommend both Basics 1 and 2 palette! These are all matte eyeshadows, except for the highlight shade. They're so pigmented and blend really nicely! This is my everyday palette! I love the neutrals in both the palettes! The original Basics has warm neutrals, mostly aimed for people with fair skin. Whereas, the Basics 2 has cool taupe neutrals, mostly aimed for medium and dark skin. I always mix my eyeshadows around from palette to palette! I'm not telling you to get both, but get the one you think you'd get most use out of (I'm just a makeup junkie that needs everything).


2)Highlighters
We all know that highlightning has been the thing, especially during summer time! They can be very pricey, so it's the perfect time to get them during the sale!

-Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector
Ok, Becca highlighters you just can't go wrong! Like the pigmentation is just wow! The colors are gorgeous! They're long lasting and blend like a dream! Most of all, it leaves you with the perfect highlight! You can tone it down or you can build it up to really glow! I have the colors Moonstone and Opal, I love them both! I find it will suit any skin color, just maybe Moonstone may be too light for dark skin, but I have seen it on dark skin before and it still looked really nice! You just can't build it up too much!


3)Blush
I'm not too strict on my blushes. I'm really open minded, because I have so many blushes that I love! But here's the one blush I use often

-Nars Deep Throat
I love this blush, it's the perfect pink/peach (more on the pink side) with the right amount of shimmer! It's not too shimmery (like Orgasm). It also blends really nicely and you can build it up or sheer it out! It just gives a really nice pop to the cheeks, without it looking like too much is going on. I find this blush suits any skin tone!


4)Bronzer
Again bronzers are something I' m not too strict on! As long as it's not too orange or red, I'm happy! But let me say, I have one brand in mind that makes absolutely the best bronzers!

-Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
Too Faced makes the best bronzers in my opinion! They have a shade for all skin tones (light, medium, dark). These bronzers are matte so you can easily contour with them! They're not red nor orange, so they just look so natural! I highly recommend their bronzers! They also have other bronzers that have shimmer in them, if you are interested in!


5)Eyebrow Products
I only tried 3 eyebrow products and I highly recommend them!

-Anastasia Brow Wiz
Honestly, you can't go wrong with this! So easy to shape your eyebrows with this and it doesn't budge! It also comes with a spooly! There are also several shades! I'm telling you, you need to try this! It's worth every penny, like doing your eyebrows has never been so easy!

-Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade
I also love this product. Basically it comes in a container and it's like clay. This product is a bit hard to use at first (not as easy as the Brow Wiz), but once you get the hang of it, you will love it! It's cheaper than the Brow Wiz and you get a lot of product, so it's worth looking into!

-Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows
This to me is a exact dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz and it's a lot cheaper! I'm not even joking it works exactly like the Brow Wiz! The only downside, is that it only comes with 3 shades! So there could be a possibility that you fall in between 2 shades! However, still check it out at Sephora to see if one matches your shade. In Anastasia, I'm the color Ebony and the Clinique Deep Brown for me was perfect! It's a  tad lighter, but no one can tell the difference (I don't even know how I saw the little difference).


6)Brushes/Applicators

-Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush
This is legit my favorite foundation brush! No other brush can compare! It really leaves that airbrush finish look! Like it's so soft and it just works like a charm! Buffing has never been so easy! It's a must! Don't even hesitate!

-The Original Beauty Blender (Pink)
I actually purchased the beauty blender in January and I been using it non stop! I specifically love to use it for my concealer and highlighting! Like it just leaves a perfect airbrush finish! I never found anything that worked better for my concealer! Most people also use it to apply foundation, but I prefer my Tarte brush, but again a must have!


Basically I think that's it. I love so many products, that coming up with this list was really hard! I basically chose products that everyone would enjoy! I didn't mention any foundations or primers or anything, because those are a bit tricky and I know that with different skin types/tones. I really wanted this post to target anyone and everyone! I'll do a in depth review in the future about my favorite primers and foundations (this post came out longer than I wanted, sorry!!) or any other products that I didn't mention!  I also didn't mention lipsticks or lip liners, because I have too many! Trust me I have a ton of favorites, these are just my  very highly recommended products!

If you're curious, these are the products on my list:
-Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette
-Bobbi Brown Gel Liner
-Smashbox Step by Step Contour Stick Trio
-Hourglass Ambient Lightning Palette (This time I will get it no matter what)
-Too Faced The Little Black Book of Bronzers
-Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Resist 24 Intensive Eye Contour Cream

I know I'll do a mini research before the VIB Rouge event on Sunday, but those are the things I been eyeing for a really long time! I hope this post was useful and hopefully you guys get what you want! Again, check out the Sephora website, because there was a lot of new products that came out recently!






2 comments:

  1. Love this post Divya, so informative! I can't wait for the sale, there are some products I'm planning to buy but I am still keeping up on a budget. :) Thank you! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, I appreciate it!!<3 What's on your list? I had to cut down my list so much and still debating to add on a few things or not! So many new products this year! xoxo

      Delete