June 17, 2015

What's in my MAC Eyeshadow Palette?

Before this year, I didn't really own any MAC eyeshadows. I only had a eyeshadow quad from a limited edition collection! Therefore, I decided why not start a palette? We all know MAC eyeshadows are good quality and there's so many beautiful shades to choose from! So, I picked up the double sided custom palette with 2 inserts. This palette holds 30 eyeshadows in total. I know a lot of people like to save space, by not getting the inserts. However, I didn't buy all the eyeshadows at once, so I was scared that the eyeshadows would move around and break! It also looks neat with the inserts, so why not! The palette is a bit bulky and heavy, but it's a strong compact! You can toss this in your bag and it won't open on it's own! I believe the palette was $10-15CAD (I don't remember sorry!) and the inserts were $3-5CAD each.

My palette

The outside of the palette


What the double sided palette looks like with the inserts


In terms of  MAC eyeshadow shades and formulas, I really do like them! MAC has a huge variety of shades and finishes to choose from! The pigmentation on these are really nice! I noticed with some of the shades, they don't swatch well on your hand, but on the lid, they're really nice! They're not the smoothest eyeshadows I've played with, but they blend really nicely! If you prime your eyes properly, they can last up to 12 hours or even more! Normally in the pot, they're $19CAD a piece, but when you buy them just in a pan, it's $12CAD. Each eyeshadow comes with 1.3g of product. They can be used dry or wet (I prefer dry).

Gotta love my neutrals!

So for this post, I'll only be showing you one side of the palette (15 eyeshadows). I'm not sure when the other side will be complete, but in the future, I'll be posting about it! I started this palette either in January or February. I decided to just stick to my neutrals to get more use out of them. However, I promise you the other side will be with more fun colors! I have a mixture of both warm and cool tones! If you see a star (*) next to the name, it means that I highly recommend that shade! So ya, let's get into it!

Close up of the shades


(Starting from the top left going horizontally)

1) Ricepaper* : Light beige gold with shimmer. It has yellow undertones and a frost finish. It's a perfect brow bone highlight or for the inner corners of the eyes!

2)Grain*: Light beige with warm undertones. It also has icy shimmer and it's a satin finish. I like to use it on the lid or the inner corners of my eyes.

3)Naked Lunch: Light pink with a hint of peach in it. It has shimmer and leaves a frost finish. It's beautiful on the lid!

4)All that Glitters* : Champagne beige with gold pearl. It's a veluxe pearl. It's a perfect shade for the lid for any skin color!

5)Era*: Dark beige with a champagne sheen to it. It's a satin finish. You can pop it in the crease or on the lid.

Ricepaper, Grain, Naked Lunch, All that Glitters & Era with flash

Without flash

Some notes on these eyeshadows:
-For some reason, Naked Lunch doesn't swatch properly, but when you apply it on the lid, it's really pigmented!
-Era can appear a different shade on different skin colors! The lighter you are, the darker the beige. The darker you are, the more neutral the beige. However, you still see the champagne sheen on any skin color!



6)Bamboo: Light-medium peach with beige undertones. It's a matte finish. I like to use it as my base color  or just on the lid.

7)Arena*: Soft gold peach with warm undertones. It's a satin. I love this color for the lid.

8)Expensive Pink*: Coral pink with a golden sheen (duochrome). It's a veluxe pearl. It's a beautiful shade on the lid for any skin color!

9)Amber Lights: Light-medium coppery brown with gold shimmer. It's a frost that leaves a metallic finish. It's a really nice shade on the lid.

10)Woodwinked*: Warm light-medium brown with gold undertones. It's a veluxe pearl  that leaves a metallic finish.  Another beautiful shade for the lid.

Bamboo, Arena, Expensive Pink, Amber Lights & Woodwinked with flash

Without flash

Some notes on these eyeshadows:
-The swatch of Bamboo barely looks visible, because it's a neutral shade for people with medium skin! However, it is pigmented! That's why I love this shade as my base, because it cancels out any discoloration on the lid.



11)Soft Brown*: Soft reddish peach brown with warm undertones. It's a matte. Perfect shade in the crease or as a transition.

12)Texture*: Medium  peachy brown with fine shimmer. It's a velvet. It's a gorgeous shade in the crease or even just on the lid!

13)Saddle*: Medium orange brown with warm undertones. It's a matte finish. It's beautiful in the crease!

14)Brown Script*:  Warm medium red toned brown. It's a matte finish. It's absolutely beautiful in the crease! It's especially a perfect shade to play with in the fall!

15)Embark: Dark cool brown with reddish undertones. It's a matte. You can use it in the crease or as a definer.

Soft Brown, Texture, Saddle, Brown Script & Embark with flash




Without flash



Side note:
-All these shades would look gorgeous on any skin color!


So that's it for my palette! I love customizing palettes, because you tend to use all the eyeshadows! For the price and quality, I do recommend you build your own palette at MAC! It doesn't have to be the big palette that I got, you can simply just get the one that holds 4 eyeshadows! So ya, what are some of your favorite MAC eyeshadows? Any suggestions to which colors I should get for the other side of my palette?







No comments:

Post a Comment