June 22, 2016

2016 VIB Rouge Welcome Kit

You know you have a serious makeup addiction when you hit VIB Rouge! This is like my third year hitting VIB Rouge and honestly, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing! The benefits are great, but my bank account isn't too fond of it! So, I wanted to write this post to just inform you guys on what VIB Rouge is and to show you this year's welcome kit. I'll also be talking about the recent event that I went to at Sephora! So ya, hopefully you can jump on this VIB Rouge wagon with me!

VIB Rouge 2016 

Let's start off with "What is VIB Rouge?". You hit VIB Rouge when you spend over $1000 at Sephora in a calendar year. It's a lot of money, but if you're a makeup addict, it's not really a problem. Once you become VIB Rouge, you get tons of benefits that regular Beauty Insiders and VIBs don't get! Some of the benefits include exclusive VIB Rouge events, unlimited free makeovers throughout the year, free shipping on all online orders, a private concierge and early access to special products and offers. You also get a "welcome kit" every time that you hit VIB Rouge in a calendar year!


The past few years, the welcome kit was ok. My first year, I got the mini Bite Beauty lipstick. It was a nice lipstick, but it finished really quickly since it was a deluxe size. I'll be honest, I wasn't too impressed with it, but then again, Sephora isn't obligated to have a rewards program, so I'm thankful for anything! Last year, I got the full size of the Formula X nail polish in this red shade (unfortunately I lost the nail polish, so I don't know the name! However, it was VIB Rouge exclusive). Nail polishes last forever, so this was a really nice gift! It was a gorgeous true red on top of it! Now for 2016, Sephora made things even better. This year it came with a deluxe size of the Nars Blush in Goulue. I already own a deluxe size Nars Blush and these last forever! They come with 4g of product, which is almost like getting the full size of the blush (regular Nars blushes come with 4.5g of product). Trust me when I say that it'll last you forever! Goulue is a medium-dark berry shade with subtle warm gold shimmer in it. It's more on the cool side. It's definitely a unique shade! It also comes with a little pamphlet listing your benefits as a VIB Rouge and you also get a coupon for a friend to get a free makeover at Sephora! Also, they did a good job with the presentation. The box just feels so luxurious! It's nice to get rewarded for your beauty addition! 


The beautiful box!

Inside the box


VIB Rouge exclusive Nars Blush in Goulue (deluxe size)


The swatch of Goulue!


Let's get into the event that I went to on Wednesday. Sephora always sends you the event invite last minute. I only get them a a few days before the actual event, which is why I'm not really able to attend them all the time. This time I just got lucky and had nothing planned after work. I went with my friend Dana. She's also a makeup lover. The event was from 7-9pm and we went at 8. It was pretty dead, there weren't that many people. We went to the Sephora in Fairview (West Island) and the staff is always so nice! They're super welcoming and helpful! I had a list of the products that I was going to purchase, but unfortunately, everything was sold out. So, I didn't end up picking up that much. We didn't get a discount or anything. It was just a exclusive shopping experience for VIB Rouges. However, if we spent more than $35, we did get this really nice Sephora bag filled with deluxe sized samples! They were really nice sizes and weren't just a one use thing! They also had refreshments, such as macaroons, which were delicious! So ya, it was nothing fancy, but who doesn't like being at Sephora?! The event that they have in November is a lot better, since you get a discount and early access to the holiday collections! This time around, there were new products, but most of them weren't available at my local Sephora. At least I got some really nice samples, so I'm happy!

The makeup bag that we received! It's pretty big!


Here are a few deluxe samples that we received. I'm missing about 3 of them! 


That concludes this post! If you shop a lot at Sephora, just keep track of your spending. If you're a few bucks away from VIB Rouge, I would definitely spend those bucks to become one! I think the benefits are just great! Who else became a VIB Rouge this year? What do you think of the Nars Blush? I have a lot of reviews that are coming your way, so be on a look out for that! You can subscribe to my blog, so that you don't miss a thing! Also, don't forget to follow me on Instagram @divya_patelxo. Hope you guys have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment