June 26, 2016

June Haul 2016 (Makeup)

Since I didn't purchase a lot of makeup last month, you know that I did some damage this month! Isn't it just crazy how many new products launched recently?! There's also a lot more coming in July! Like, it's crazy and I just fall in love with everything! I just feel like I need it all, even though I really don't. Do you get what I mean? There's just so much out there! Then you have the Indie brands on Instagram, like cosmetics is big now! There's so many brands and as a blogger, I just want to try them all! However, this haul is mostly from Sephora, so hopefully next month, I can purchase things from a few Instagram Indie brands that I've been eyeing! Let's just get into the haul!

A few products from this haul!


I went to Pharmaprix to pick up some makeup wipes. I ran out for my clients, so I had to stock up! I purchased the Garnier Fresh Cleansing Cloths and the Neutrogena All in One Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes. The Garnier ones were really inexpensive! I've used them before and I do like them. The only thing is that they can get dry really quickly, so make sure that you put them upside down in your kit! That's what I do with all my makeup wipes, so that the first few cloths don't get dry! The Neutrogena ones are better than the Garnier ones, but they're a bit more expensive. However, these get rid of all your makeup with one cloth! Normally with my Garnier ones, I use about 2 cloths. It's also better for waterproof makeup! It also doesn't strip away the moisture from your skin! So, I do recommend the Neutrogena ones over the Garnier ones! I just didn't want to spend a lot that day, so I did 1 and 1! I finally picked up the L'Oréal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in Golden. I've heard a lot of great things about this highlighter! I also love L'Oréal products, so I felt like I couldn't go wrong! It was also on sale (I believe $13CAD). I still haven't tried this on yet, but I did swatch it on my arm. It has a lot of glitter in it, so we'll see how it goes.
You always need makeup wipes!

This is my first drugstore highlighter! Can you believe that?!



Next, I made a trip to Sephora. In case you guys didn't read my previous post, Sephora was having a VIB Rouge event, so I went to it. I spoke a little bit about the event and the welcome kit that I received for hitting VIB Rouge for the year 2017:http://makeupcheckbydivya.blogspot.ca/2016/06/2016-vib-rouge-welcome-kit_22.html. I also placed 2 orders online to get some cashback on Ebates! So, the first product that I picked up is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. This palette has the word GORGEOUS written all over it! It's a beautiful palette with berry, mauve, red and orange tones! This is definitely my "summer palette". I just been obsessed with it. My only complaint about this palette is that the eyeshadows are really fragile, so when you dip your brush into it, it kind of gets messy, because the eyeshadows crumble, which causes a bit of fallout. Other than that, it's legit perfection!

I can't get over how stunning this palette is!


I also picked up the Smashbox Master Class Palette: Lightning Theory. This stuff wasn't cheap at all, but I really loved the concept of it. It's a face and eyeshadow palette that comes with correctors, which is really interesting, because most brands don't include correctors in their face palettes! I just found this so convenient, so I splurged! I've swatched the eyeshadows and they're super pigmented and buttery smooth! Again, the eyeshadows are fragile in this palette, so they crumble, which causes a bit of fallout. It's the same thing with the blushes, but the shades are absolutely stunning! The correctors, contour shades and highlighters are all cream products, which are also super pigmented! They're also buttery smooth and blend like a dream! I'm not going to talk too much about this palette, because I do want to review it!
My first Smashbox Master Class Palette


Next, I picked up the Boscia Wakame Firming Hydrogel Mask. I bought a Boscia mask not too long ago and I really liked it, so I decided to pick up another one! This one is to firm, smooth and nourish the skin! I really like how it's a hydrogel mask, because it keeps your skin super hydrated and smooth! I can definitely do a review on this, if you guys are interested!
Boscia Hydrogel Masks are definitely a must try!


Moving right along, I picked up the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss in Gilded. This is a beautiful warm orangey brown with gold glitter. I just been obsessed with shimmery lip glosses lately, so I decided to give this a go. I actually never tried a  ABH Lip Gloss before, so I'm super excited! I have so many looks in my mind, I just can't wait to play with this! Next, I purchased the Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12HR Wear in Tiramisu. It's a gorgeous matte brown. I actually don't own any brown eyeliners, so I had to pick it up for my kit. These Sephora eyeliners have great reviews, so definitely check it out! I also picked up the Buxom Waterproof Lash Mascara. I'm not a fan of waterproof mascaras, but I desperately needed this in my kit for my brides! I also read great reviews about this mascara, so hopefully it works out!
That lip gloss is stunning!


We're almost done with this haul! I picked up the Sephora Argan Hand Mask. I already used this and yes, when you put this mask on your hands, it's super moisturizing. The next day (I put this mask on at night), my hands went back to being really dry. So, it didn't do much for me, but it felt good for the 20 minutes that it was on. Will I be repurchasing it? I doubt it. Lastly, I purchased the Sephora Pomegranate Eye Mask. I love how hydrated my under eyes felt after using this mask. However, I still seemed pretty tired, it didn't do anything for anti fatigue. Maybe, I have to use it more than once to see a difference, so maybe I'll give it another try in the future and purchase a few of them to see if it does help. However, since these are like $5 a mask, maybe it's better to just purchase a eye cream, so we'll see.


Has anyone tried these masks? What do you think of them?


Other than that, that's all that I purchased. I received 2 PR packages this month. The first one was from Tatcha. I've never tried anything from Tatcha before, so I'm super excited and grateful for this package! They sent me the "Ritual Discovery Kit". It comes with 4 deluxe size products (they're a really good size!). This Ritual Discovery Kit came with the Pure: One Step Camellia Cleansing OilPolished: Classic Rice Enzyme PowderSupple: Moisture Rich Silk Cream and Radiant: Deep Brightening Serum. It's such a beautiful luxurious skincare brand honestly, like I'm not going to go into detail, since I'll be posting the review soon! Like, the review will be a must read!
Thank you Tatcha for these beautiful products!


I also received a package from My Makeup Brush Set. They sent me The Aphrodite 10 Piece Oval Brush Set. I've always wanted to try these Oval Brushes, so I'm super excited that they sent me this! Everyone has been using these! The Artis sets cost about $580, so My Makeup Brush Set is a complete steal, because this set retails for $39.99! The brushes are great quality, so it's definitely worth the price! I'm not going to go too much into it, but my review should be up soon, so stay tuned for that!

These brushes are gorgeous! Thank you My Makeup Brush Set

That's it for my June Haul! It wasn't my biggest haul, but it was quite a bit of products, no? There's so many reviews that I started, so definitely stay tuned for those! Be sure to subscribe to my blog, so that you don't miss a thing! I also been posting a makeup look every week, so please follow my Instagram @divya_patelxo. Hope you guys have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment