June 14, 2016

Ouai: Dry Shampoo Review

Hey guys, today I'll be reviewing the Ouai Dry Shampoo. I been getting a lot of questions about it lately, so I figured why not talk about it on my blog. In case you guys haven't heard about Ouai, it's Jen Atkin's line. She's a celebrity hair dresser and stylist. She's known for working with the Kardashians. Ever since Ouai launched, I feel like everyone has been talking about her! The Kardashian's hair is always on fleek, so her hair products must be also, right? A lot of beauty gurus and bloggers have been talking about her products, so I kind of fell for the hype! But ya, let's just jump into the review! 


Who else has tried this dry shampoo?


Let's start off with the packaging. It's simple, but chic! I really like the silver tin packaging, it's just so nice to display it on your vanity! The bottle and spray is the same as most dry shampoos, there's nothing fancy about it. It's super simple. Now, I haven't been a fan of this bottle. I don't know if I got a bad one, but the product has just been leaking. I threw it in my purse (like I do with most dry shampoos) and it just leaked! It wasn't exposed to heat or anything. Luckily, the cap stayed shut, but I had a hard time removing the cap and since the product dried up, the spray part was jammed. It took me like 10 minutes to clean it up and get the spray to work again. After that, I just left it on my vanity and decided not to travel with it. Even when I left it on my vanity, I had the same leaking issue. The bottle was standing up and it still leaked. Not only is it a struggle to clean it up, the product was getting wasted. So, it's been a real struggle, I've wasted a lot of product! It just keeps leaking! I never dropped it or anything, so I guess I just got a bad one?! Has anyone else had that issue?! I never experienced this with any other dry shampoo before! This product retails for $30CAD and comes with 4.5oz. The price isn't too bad, because most dry shampoos range around that price point at Sephora and this product does come with a bit more product. This product is available at Sephora and  Ouai's website (www.theouai.com). 


Another view


Some of you may be new to dry shampoo. It's basically a shampoo in a spray bottle. It neutralizes oil and product build up, leaving your hair feeling instantly refreshed! It's really simple to use. All you do is hold the bottle 6" from your hair and you spray your roots. You flip your hair and then "fluff" with your fingers. 


Up close!


Let's talk about the product itself. It has a strong musky scent to it, which I'm not a fan of. However, a lot of people do like it, but if you're not into musky scents, then I doubt you'll like it. Aside from that, it does work well. I do two quick sprays and it leaves my hair looking fresh! It even adds a little volume to it! It's not sticky and  it does what it states! My hair tends to get really greasy and this stuff solves the problem!  I do find at times it makes my hair stiff. I don't know if it's because I spray too much. It doesn't always feel stiff every time that I use it, just the 3-5 times, it was weird. However, I did have a issue with the packaging, so it could have been because of that! Also, I have this dry patch in the back of my head. Like my hair is always dry there. When I spray this on top of it, it just looks and feels dry. Normally, I don't have that issue with other dry shampoos, but with this one I did. I try to avoid that area! Also, be sure to shake the bottle really well or else it'll leave that white cast on your hair! Other than that, it's a good product. It lasts all day! The next day, it starts to get flat, but you can always just use the dry shampoo again to refresh your hair!

Last view of this product!


Bottom line, would I repurchase it? It works well, but I'm not blown away by it! I find my Living Proof works better than this one. Maybe if they fixed the few issues that I had, I would repurchase it! As of now, I find there's better alternatives in the market! However, I still want to try the other Ouai products, so let me know if you guys have tried them and if you like them or not. Also, let me know your thoughts on this product! I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way about it. I was expecting a lot more! This was definitely hyped up way too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment